Thursday, June 25, 2009

Not So Nice

I went back to the house I mentioned (see "The Runner") as a sort of follow-up. There were a couple of incidents, but though the ghosts there are usually benign, this time they did not seem friendly. Actually, the entire evening was unsettling. I heard a low rumbling sound several times throughout the night but instinctively ignored it. Finally the homeowner heard it too and it freaked him out. It was a big noise, like furniture falling, but softer, heavier. Also the animals were again wary of the stairs. The dog was very frightened when she went outside and kept staring up at the hill. My host told me the dog never really like going outside since he moved there. We heard several odd noises on the third floor, one of which was so distinct I was sure it was the cat. When I was told the cat was upstairs I didn't believe it -- I actually got up and checked, but it was true. I'd felt a little creepy on the ride up there, but driving away I felt downright scared. And on the way home, when I passed the place we'd seen the Runner, I was very, very uneasy. I didn't really feel "safe" until I turned onto Sunset. I'm not sure what that was all about, but there was definitely activity. It just wasn't very nice.

1 comment:

  1. Was this like the growl we've heard from the stairs or more of an earthquake like rumble?

    Was it from the stairs or from another floor heard from the stairwell?

    If it were from another floor and loud enough, you'd feel it or hear it through the floor, wouldn't you?

    In other words, how much was a real physical sound sourced somewhere in the house and how much was an infrasound projection from the stairs? Think about it and get back to me. I have an idea.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Blog Archive