Monday, January 25, 2010

Magic Fingers

I haven't been getting any rest at my own house (thanks, cats) so I came to Jeff's to sleep. It was about 7 in the evening, Jeff was downstairs to let me sleep (or maybe in bathroom but I was alone in room). I had just laid down so I was still wide awake. I heard this weird sucking noise, the kind that Lu or Jacob make now that they're in their elderly years! It's a very distinctive sound that they make with their mouths. I was actually trying to sleep at Jeff's because the 2 of them were driving me crazy and Lu was not letting me get any sleep. As soon as I would go to bed he'd be climbing all over my pillow and meowing and making that weird clicking/sucking noise with his mouth. So I finally came to Jeff's to get some sleep. I had just arrived and gotten under the covers when I heard that same sucking/clicking sound! It's a very distinctive sound and I listened very closely when it happened again to make sure. I looked around but there was no one there; it certainly wasn't Lu and Mack was outside. I heard it several times. I made a note to tell Jeff about it. I wasn't scared but I was very tired. If he had been nearby I'd have called him in and told him to listen. But I was exhausted so I just laid back down under the covers. As I lay there trying to get sleepy, I started feeling these weird little touches, like fingers on my neck and shoulders! It was like a massage but with fingers, like magic fingers from a motel room only on my shoulders (I was lying on my side so it was NOT the bed that was vibrating)! Once again I looked around but of course there was nothing to see; it went on for some time but I just laid there and after awhile it stopped. I went to sleep soon after because Jeff never came upstairs. I forgot to mention it when I woke up the next day and I still haven't gotten around to telling him.

3 comments:

  1. Seeing it laid out in print, there seems to be a more obvious and direct relation between the sucking noise to the noise the cats were making that drove you crazy. It seems like innumerable teases we've experienced from "our friends" who once inhabited Cielo. 1. Do you feel it was designed to upset you or could it have been an attempt at that "ghostly" ironic humor or tease? 2. Is it "omniscient," is it a projection of your own subconscious or was that sound foremost in your head and easy for "it" to access and playback to you? 3. If it simply accessed something it knew would get your attention, was there any "motive" for it that we would recognize? In other words, do you feel it knew what it was doing, did it even know it would elicit a heightened response from you or was it just grabbing at something it saw it could imitate easily that would get your attention - not understanding positive or negative effect or even understanding what it was? Personally, I feel it's the latter - but there is no way to prove or disprove any hypothesis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go back to clips from Cielo - the poster flying off the wall... Just prior to the poster's unmanned flight there is a "clucking" sound in the room from nowhere. You had said or we had read that "clicking" sounds were common precursors to poltergeist-like events. On the tape, the sound is more like someone smacking their lips exaggeratedly than a "click." Do you think this was the sound you heard - close enough to the cats' sounds for you to associate it - or was it EXACTLY the sound the cats make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your blog. Interesting experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Blog Archive